Re: breathing control

I think we can add a few items to Mike's list of helpful suggestions to a
new member of the harmonica playing family.  No reason why we shouldn't
impart our best advice so that our up-and-coming talent has the best
thoughts to consider.  I'll put my addenda up here and let Mike's ride
below since his letter already went out.

	addendum a.  Brush and floss your teeth regularly.  Think of how
much control you need to have over a harp versus how much control people
have over their dentures.  Also, if you want to have sweet smelling harps
awaiting you, this is the only way to go.  Otherwise, think of open mouth
kissing with your dog.

	addendum b.  Consider what you eat immediately before a
performance.  If you want play like you just stuffed at a Texas steak
house, then by all means eat at one.

	addendum c.  Treat your harmonicas like a fine instrument.  Keep
them in the original case, clean them when you are done.  Learn to give
them fine adjustments (practice on use up and broken harps) don't loan
them to people you wouldn't trust with your sister or daughter.  And
don't soak them in anything but your own warm affection.

All right, those are mine.  Mike's are down below.  Add your own or flame
those of us who dare to care!