breathing control

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 17:45:21 +0200 (IST)
From: riff omer <riff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi guys.

Got to ask you for a few tips.I'm a beginner, playing pucker, and after

analysing the way i play, among a whole set of problems, i find that my

breathing control to be one of the major ones, especially when i try to

play a whole scale, for instence.I suddenly feel "airless", and i got to

make a quick stop to fill my lungs.i did some reading, and most frequent

advice i've encountered was something like "let your body take control,

relax,try not to force it,it'll come naturally".Well my body is not taking

the control it should, so i'll need you to save me from any brain damage

caused due to lack of oxygen.that relates me to another question.

Many of you discussed sugar's ability to play fast riffs, and i was kind

of wondering if puckers can achieve that kind of preformance, or should

i get used to tongue blocking method to play fast, and basically, how

do you control your breathing when playing that fast ?.

           Thanks

              OMER RIFF,T.A UNIV.,ISRAEL.