Paul Lamb/Harp Amps

For those of you interested in Paul Lamb, you can write him at 17 Pollard Rd.,
Whetstone, London N200UE or FAX him at 081-202-3881.  His new recording with the
Kingsnakes is in fact quite good, and I'm sure Paul would be happy to sell them
to you directly, letting you avoid the record importer hassles.  Paul is a fine
guy.  With Paul in mind, it would be nice to see info on other new or rarely
heard players with information on how to get their recordings.  (I mean, come on
guys, how much time do you have to spend arguing over whether Little or Big
Walter was the best?)  I'll start--Mark Ford is playing some blistering stuff on
his last two albums, and for my money is charting a new territory.  His new CD
should be heard by anyone looking for something outside the Chicago/traditional
blues sound.  Mark's blues and jazz roots really show through on this release.
Finally, I'm warning all of you guys looking for a new rig--you better get on
the horn and have Gary Onofrio (203-397-8774) play one of his new harp amps for
you.  Call him after 6:00 p.m. EST and when he answers just say, "Would you put
down the phone and demonstrate the new amp for me?"  I guarantee you that you
have rarely ever heard anything like it.  TONE-TONE-TONE!!  It's definitely
worth the phone call.  He's already got a couple of orders but there's still
time to get up front in the queue!
By the way, rumor has it that Cotton is very ill and may soon have to stop
performing.  Anyone heard about that?