Music & the Misses

Well, I can't resist this thread because a)  I'm one of the "misses" and b)
lately a member of my band has been having big problems with his.

First, as a member of Music Widows International, I'm all too familiar with
a) equipment-talk-until-your-nose-bleeds
b) forced socializing with "the wives" in whatever pissed-off condition
    they are in at the gigs
c) "matching funds" -- harumpf -- more like no funds.  (I was married 15 years
   before we ever had a bed that was more than a mattress on the floor.)
d) birthday presents consisting of records/CDs of people (harpists/
   guitarists) you've never heard of, but that had been coveted by HIM
   for months -- or "Happy Birthday, hon...I've bought you one-half of
   this great new sustain pedal...you're really going to love it."
e) a complete and total lack of silence unless the musicians are all
   unconscious...

I could go on, but you get the jist....

My remedy?  Join 'em.  I still find myself in the widow club, but many times
I'm out doing my music, therefore limiting my exposure to the wild widow moan.
Having discovered the futility of any power struggle with that mistress, music,
I don't try to get between him and his mistress.  And in return, he seldom
squeaks when I have to travel with four other guys.

But...I'm telling you -- there's some serious hurt being put on my fellow
musician by his lady right now.  He's in a terrible squeeze.  It makes me
admire the ladies that can roll with the punches these lifer-musicians hand
out.

Think about it guys...how would you feel if your lady was out on the road with
a bunch of guys (or performing for a bunch of drunk guys) four nights out of
the week?  Food for thought?

Cathi N.