Re: Paul Lamb\C. musslewhite

re:

   	Date: Sun, 5 Feb 1995 15:45:25 +0200 (IST)
	From: riff omer <riff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

	does somebody know in which keys & positions does c. musslewhite plays

	the song "revalation" (from "in my time") and "christo redemptor" ?

	    thanks,
	              OMER RIFF,T.A UNIV.,ISRAEL

////////////////

"Revelation" is in G, with C harp in 2nd position.
Great tune, written by Russell Ferrante of the Yellowjackets
(who have also recorded it).  Robben Ford covered it (with
Ferrante on keyboards) on his "Talk To Your Daughter" album
several years ago as well.

Robben used to play with both the Yellowjackets and Charlie,
so the tune has pretty much made the full rounds on that tip
(and always in G. :)  But Charlie's the first to record it with
harp, an idea whose time was way overdue (I heard harp on it and
worked it up immediately the first time I ever heard the tune
covered by a band I used to sit in with).  Killer.

I forget what key Charlie did "Christo Redemptor" in (D?), but
in any case, the harp is in 3rd position.  If you have trouble
"hearing" the key of the tune, its root coincides with the
extended third note of the melody the head.  (On the right
harp for third position -- one step down from the root -- this
note will be in unison with one-draw, but an octave up.)

BTW, this tune is a great drill for directly hitting the middle
(two-half-step) bend of the three possible bends on three-draw
cleanly and soulfully.  It's the first note of the tune, and it's
pretty unforgiving if you don't nail it perfectly. ;)

Have fun, Riff.  B*