Can't believe it: an SM58 beat my bullet.

Rkt (rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxx) and Mike Curtis (wd6ehr@xxxxxxxxxx) are
mid-discussion on the virtues (or less thereof) of the SM58.  I've got a Blue
Bullet (The Hohner Astatic) and *THOUGHT* I had the right weapon.  But last
night at the end of jamming I picked up the bassist's SM58 and played a few
licks.  To be honest, I think it sounded better than my omnidirectional bullet.
Maybe it sounded better only because the sound was different.  But it sure did
seem to give a richer sound in the bass and less in the high (mic cupped) which
would help get to that holy grail LW sound.  Maybe sensitivity issues also
affected my opinion- one mike was "Louder" and hence better.  So now I'm all
bent out of shape and starting to hyperventilate because I don't know whether
I should change mikes or just pretend it never happened.  If you've got a
consoling comment, I'm all ears.  Maybe I could just equalize my bullet to get
it to sound like the SM58 when I want it to, I dunno.  Thanks.