Harmonica Chris

On Fri, 3 Feb 1995, Christian N Michalek wrote:

> Well I gave my first public performance of blues in all twelve keys on
> one harp.  I will never do that again!!!  Man I don't know How Levy does
> that...  I didn't plan on doing it but there was a sax player that dared
> me to do it.  He didn't think the harp could be played in more that two
> keys.  I was telling him that he is wrong and I wasn't about to back down
> so I had to show him.  All the sax player said afterwards "...that was
> pretty cool, but you can't get do it as well a sax..."  I agree.

Hi

I saw Chris do this lastnight.  My mind was totally blown! I was very
impressed as was everybody in the audience.  I have Howard Levy do his version
of blues in every key on one harp, and I have to say; when Chris did it
lastnight it sounded like blues, when Howard does it it sounds like jazz
and jazz to me is sterile.  I liked Chris' version much better it had guts!

For those of you who have never heard Chris play.  He is the most
versitile player I have ever heard.  He is just as likely to sit in with
a bluegrass band as he is a jazz band.  He sounds like Stevie Wonder on
the blues harp.  I know he would be a famous harp player if his wife
would let him be in a band.  Oh well another victim of marriage :)

How many of you harpers are married?  and does it affect your music?

The harmonica Matt