Re: Upside Down Playing

At  8:55 PM 2/2/95 -0500, Chris Strickland wrote:
>Why change, my favorite harp player, Sonny Terry played his "upside down".
>I dont' think there are many who can play as well as he did.  So I recommend
>going out a buying a couple of Sonny Terry albums!  Hear him play and you'll
>wonder why you were worried about playing "upside down".

This recurring thread has stimulated me to ~flip~ to numbers-down for the
heck of it, and I think it's worth trying -- you find out interesting
things that way. Recall the left-handed guitarist model -- some
re-stringing, some not  -- and the new tones you can get.  Obviously you're
not going to have the facility, but the differences in sound due to cupping
that has been discussed (etc.) are subtle-but-real and worth fooling around
with IMHO (I taped my self both ways).  Try it for a while.

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx> -- opinions my own