Re: Big Walter's Best

> I'd like to second Joe Lempkowski's nomination of Walter Horton's playing
> on Johnny Shines "Evening Sun" as being among his best. I'd say that it's
> one of the greatest amplified harp cuts ever recorded. And because it's
> just Walter with Shines on guitar and vocals, Walter up front and center.\
> Walter was really on fire that day. He's a one-man wrecking crew on that
> cut.

Paul Lamb (Geordie harpslinger) does a great version of this with
his band The Kingsnakes. I haven't heard the original so I can't
check for similarity but it's a great piece of music. On the CD
"Shifting into Gear".

--
I'm lying on the bathroom floor, praying to the Lord,
I swear I'll never drink no more if this is my reward.