Re: Mosaic Vs NetScape,

Hi,
	I just wanted to make a couple of small comments on the header subject.
Someone (I *think* it was Tim ) said tha he found Netscape much better
than Moasic. Aslo that Moasic was not being updated.

Two points here.

a) Netscape works so S---------L----------O-----------W---------L-------Y.

Its easy to get fed up waiting for Mosaic to load something for you, only to
find it can not access the graphics at the end of it! {sigh}

Its FAR worse with Nescape.

b) Re: Mosaic not being updated. There is a 32 bit version of Mosaic, which
is much better. The feeling at work here, among our computer buffs, is
that it does not need to be updated anyway.

And in case it was not mentioned before. For command line only browing of www,
there is a bit of software called "LYNX".  You do not get the images with
lynx of course, but it works OK for most sites still.

	The command for lynx is:-

	lynx URL

	e.g. http://www.hw.ac.uk:800/libWWW/welcome.html  <ret>

(The  URL above is the Heriot-Watt University Library, Edinburgh . UK.)
This "home page" (the one it starts up with) gives info about the library,
its collections, and services. Also an HTML version of its Internet
Resources Newsletter.

Gordon
	  ****This computer works perfectly until accessed.****

  -----"Its no good talking to me, its just the same as talking to you."------