Those higher notes

>> And YOU haven't been doing your teaching homework.
>> Imagine making a statement like that without mentioning any names!
>> And screw moderation - too much of everything is just enough.
>
>The point of my response to this is that Popper had nothing to do with
>"proving the harp ain't just for blues." It's been done many times before.
>Listen to Norton Buffalo's "Living in the Valley of the Moon" album or
>Madcat Ruth on Skyking's "Secret Sauce" album. We're talking about guys
>that consistently use all 10 holes on a diatonic elegantly, play with high
>velocity, know more than just triplets, weren't playing the blues at the
>time and did it when Popper was still in Little League. Don't get me wrong,
>Popper's good at what he does but he's by no means the first.

I hear your point and you did address my point - If you want to make a

statement that there are lots of other guys who can "spoo hi-velocity
high notes just as fast as Poppin' Fresh who also understand concepts
such as playing with soul, humility and moderation.", well, you'd better
be ready to back that up with a few names so I can go listen for myself.
Now I'll go listen to some Norton Buffalo and Madcat Ruth. But check it
out - I never heard of them until right now. I've heard of "Poppin-Fresh"
and so have the masses.