Upside Down Playing

  You're in good company--Sonny Terry played upside down.
 It really doesn't matter; do what feels good
Warnings-To: <>
Sender: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: mh9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 01:03:06
Subject: Upside Down Playing

Hello everyone,
This is my first foray into this wonderful world of harmonica buffs--
I've been playing a little harp since the early sixties when I first
tried to imitate the solo on Love me do--since then of course the
blues took over and I have heard and seen some great masters of the
instrument--I think my favourite player will always be Little Walter.
I suppose this question has cropped up before but I will ask anyway--
The first time that I played a harp I did it "upside down"--I had no
idea that there was a right way and I have continued to play with the
low notes on my right--it would be impossible for me to change now--
does this put me at a disadvantage--and can anyone offer specific
tips to help?

Mike Humphreys
mh9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx