Re: HELP! - crash course in reed tuning needed!

>What I would like to know is (from the working musicians out there) does
>>anybody break their harps in before you pull them out at a gig?...but I
>wonder >what others do?
>Bernie Clarke

As I pointed out in a previous post, I don't break-in harps at all. For the
last several years I've played Meisterklasse's exclusively and only replace
the reed plates(I don't buy new harps). When I do replace a reed plate
though, I go through the harp to tune and adjust it(as Hugh pointed out).
Hohner's rarely come completely in tune and nearly always are out of
adjustment. After this, the harp is in the gig box and ready for stage.

Rick Barker