First Posting - BassHarp

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for not posting before now, but I made the mistake(?) of requesting
the complete archives, not realizing what that would involve!  My mailbox is
loaded and I've been trying to make my way through all the great reading, but
find it totally overwhelming in trying to save it all to disk, then
transferring to floppy.  Extremely timeconsuming, and I'm wondering if there
isn't a quicker, less costly way of getting it all.  I'm assuming not.  Of
course my modem is only 2400 baud, which doesn't help the time consumption.
 But being a collector of harmonica recordings, memorabilia and related
interests, I can't pass up the chance to collect the postings from day one!
 I've really enjoyed reading the tips, suggestions, and general information
discussions and dialogue.  What a cross section of interests - a unique forum
for harmonica players of all stages, from all corners of the earth!

I joined the HarpList purely out of personal interest as a harmonica player,
rather than as an official representative of Lee Oskar Harmonicas.  My
position with Lee is in the Artist Relations department, and working with
product information, as well as the service department.  We are still a small
company but growing fast, thanks to all the players out there who have
discovered our unique company, founded and headed by a harmonica professional
who takes a personal interest in the players' needs.  Having said that, I do
not wish to be the "Lee Oskar spokesperson" on the
HarpList, but just one of the guys.  I have read with interest the references
to the Ultimo and other Tombo lines  I will comment on them in good time, but
any comments made regarding Lee Oskar and/or Tombo must be done in an
official context, with corporate approval.

I will be happy to offer my points of view on music theory as it applies to
the harmonica, and other tidbits that I may have to offer, but, not being a
diatonic or chromatic player on the level of 99.9% of the rest of you, I will
leave the technique tips to everyone else.  As a bass harmonica player, I
will be happy to assist anyone who asks.  I will also try to update you on
L.A. activities as I become aware of them   For starters:  The young BRODY
BUSTER (now 10 years of age) will appear at Jack's Sugar Shack (8751 W Pico,
Los Angeles) with the Bernie Pearl Blues Band
on Friday, Sept 23.  CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE will be at Dan Aykroyd's House of
Blues on the Sunset Strip, Hollywood, together with KIM WILSON, on Sept 30.
  LEE OSKAR will be at the Baked Potato, Old Town Pasadena, on Oct 1.  I will
be fortunate to sit in on bass harp on a couple of numbers.  Speaking of
CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE, he told me a couple of days ago that when he
appeared on the recent Letterman show, he took advantage of the time
allotment and actually played longer than he was supposed to, and Letterman
kept trying to cut him off!  Charlie enjoyed getting one in there on Dave.
 That appearance was a last minute arrangement when someone else had to
cancel, but Charlie was flown in from California and back for that
apppearance!

Sorry to make this so long, but good to finally jump in.  A special thanks to
both Winslow and Chris for getting me straightened out and getting me on
line.

Later -   BassHarp