Cadet, harp tab

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

======CADET

Gordon is right - the Huang cadet soloist is good for much more
than its advertised purpose. In fact, I've written about it as an
extremely cheap substitute for the chromatic when playing Chicago
blues style "chromatic" which almost never uses the slide. It is,
by the way a plastic comb. It's also good for just about anything
else that involves a pure major scale with maybe some bends on
draw D and A.

("one of the legends of the harp?" Nawwww.)

Thre reason I didn't cover that angle was that it wasn't relavent
to Janet's inquiry - whether this was a good starter chromatic.
And it's the same reason there was a discussion of diatonics in a
chromatic inquiry (to answer Richard Martin) - the inquiry was
about a diatonic that seemed to be a chromatic, and so
distinctions were made in the course of explanation.

=====HARP TAB

Cheng Ann asks about harp tab. There is no standard; everyone
makes up their own. David Harp actually copyrighted his. Several
months ago, I proposed a system of ASCII harp tab, and I
occasionally use it and see others using bits of it on the list.
It's in the archives for Octobner 1993. It deals with ways to
indicate hole and breath, bends, overblows, and time and musical
form, and can also be used for lyrics or actual note names.

If anyone is interested or can't get at last October's archives,
I can re-post it.

=====LARRY ADLER CHROMATIC

Yes, these models are indentical to the 270 in the 12-hole model
and the 280 in the 16-hole (except the coverplates and box). This
was confirmed for me by production manager Gerhard Mueller of
Hohner. When I told him that I had once owned a Larry Adler 64
that was far superior to any 280 I had ever owned, his reply was
"the craftsman must have been having a good day when he made it."

						    |HIP -	|
Winslow Yerxa					    |the	|
Harmonica Information Press			    |Harmonica	|
76450.3230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx			    |Information|
						    |Publication|
						    |		|
						    |		|