RE: Cheap Chromatics. Winslo 'n stuff.

Hi harper's,

		I was looking at a comment Winslo made about the Huang
Cadet Soloist.

 	I quote, " The sole purpose of the Cadet is to provide "training
wheels" for the  basic tuning layout before you graduate to the full
chromatic".

Is this a quote from Huang, or your thoughts on it Winslo?

The point here is that I would disagree, (never thought I would do that
with one of the legends of the harp).

This beast it tuned like the Bandmaster (was E.Germany made) C/G
Tremolo. Which is my favorite trem. for folk.  I can hear you all going,
"Oh no, it's a bit of junk kit". As such, is is almost purpose made
for Irish music.

It will also be good for playing in modes, as a good range of modal
scales are laid out on it. Again a strong point in folk music, and
usefull for slow airs, with some gentle bends. A tremolo is hardly
suited to playing slow airs. UGGGHHHH! :-)

Honer do a solo tuned (Marine Band?). It is clearly aimed at the folk
player.

I have asked on this group in the past if anyone knew of a similar
instrument with a plastic comb, rather than the wooden comb in the
Honer one. Also the Honer is quite expensive compared to their run of
the mill diatonics.

I never got a reply, but I have got one now by accident.
Everything comes to him who waits, eh?

Interested in any comments.
Gordon