Re: Jeopardy Theme on Harp

>Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 23:44:00 -0500 (EDT)
>From: amdur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brett Amdur)
>Subject: Jeopardy Theme on Harp
>
>Can anyone create a "hole by hole" description of how to play the Jeopardy
>theme song on a
>diatonic?  For what it's worth, I can do draw bends, but I still have
>trouble with blow bends.  Also, the only position I'm really comfortable
>with is cross-harp, but I suppose it's not important that I really *know*
>another position if I'm just trying to memorize one song.  I guess whatever
>postion you think is best would be fine (I've also got harps in a few
>different keys, but it really shouldn't matter much what key I use, should
>it?).

/ = a beat in the following example.  the rate of the beat should be around
2/second or a little faster.  If I could write this in musical notation
this beat would be equal to an eighth note.

| = a bar line, which separates each group of eight beats

The numbers are the hole numbers

B = blow, D = draw, and d = drawbend

/  /  /  /  /  /  /  / | /  /  /  /  /  /  /  / | /  /  /  /  /  /  /  / |
6B    7B    6B    4B   | 6B    7B    6B         | 6B    7B    6B    7B   |

8B       8D 7B 7D 6D 6d| 6B    7B    6B    4B   | 6B    7B    6B         |

7B       6D 6B    5D   | 5B    4D    4B         ||

This is played straight harp (or 1st position).  The actual theme modulates
into a higher key, I think a whole step up...but I'm not sure, so you could
experiment with another harp that sounds like its the right amount higher
and switch to that one to play through the theme again in the new key.

Hope this helps.

Billong  >-- StarGazer