chromatic

I've been playing diatonic for a couple of years now, and I'm thinking
I might like to try out chromatic, but I don't want to invest a lot of
money in what could just be a short-lived experiment. I see that Huang
sells a cheap, starter model (I think it was $6.95 in Kevin's catalog--
I don't remember the name of the harp-- I'm at work). I'm guessing that's
the best way to go. Does anyone feel otherwise?

Also, I've been reading "Harmonicas, Harps and Heavy Breathers," and I've
really been enjoying it. I didn't think I'd like it since it focuses on
particular performers (which generally has not been an interest of mine),
but I'm learning a lot, and it has whetted my appetite to hear some of these
people. So, thanks Kim for all your hard work.

And yeah, I'm a woman. Every now and then, the men ask if there are any
of us on the list. For my own part, I write when I have something to say,
but I mostly just read, since I'm still a beginner. Incidentally, this
digest is a lot easier to take than individual postings, since I'm at work.

That's all for now.

Janet Lieberman