Re: heard these..? Crate.

Bill Grogan (wlgrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>        Could the song you referred to "Shape of Things to Come", be the same
>song by the same name as the 1965-?66 tune by the Yardbirds when Jeff Beck was
>playing lead guitar?

Don't know -- this new one was an instrumental (can't recall the YB
version, was it also?).  Titles also get recirculated all the time.

This was a groove tune (same 9th chord vamp through most of it, I think --
only heard part of it).

Played a Crate Tweed a week ago in a store, not very loudly, and with a
Steinberger Spirit I was looking at.  I'm not a connoisseur (I think it was
60 watts), but my impression was 'same as Peavey' (?). Could easily be
wrong.

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*