Re: Sessions / Sorry, last time I promise! :-)

Craig S. and interested others:

Thank you for taking so much time to explain your points of view and
definitions of terms.  You did so articulately and in a gentlemanly
way, too.  (Please excuse the sexist reference.  I would happlily
have used the term "gentlewomanly" if it had been appropriate.

The term 'professional' has been used to screen people in and out of
artistic work ever since the invention of money, I bet.  It is
unfortunate that the device has to polute the world of art the way it
does.

It is a source of irritation for all artists not to have remuneration
for what they spend so much time cultivating.  Sure, we want the
love, recognition, appreciation for what we do at multiple levels,
but we can't set the dinner table with love.  It is a reality that I
try to transcend with my music, but I always seem to come down to
earth to face my expenses.

Look.  I really love all of you music-lovers out there without
knowing you.  I wish you all well.

John