Re: Room to Move

>Date: Wed, 07 Sep 1994 10:37:54 -0400
>From: "Ms. Carolyn Mayr (CADIG STAFF)" <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Anyone know which key harp John Mayall is playing in Room to Move?
>This is the live version with the brass section (red album cover
>has live show).

Carolyn,

I don't have that particular cut but the version I do have is definitely played
crossharp on an F# harp.  I guess that's the one on _Turning Point_.  That
would put it in the key of C#...not a nice key for brass players (although
that would put the trumpet players into the key of D#...which is the same
as Eb...three flats, not so bad really) so he may have chosen a different key
for their benefit.  I suspect he stayed with one of the higher pitched keys
though (like an F or Eb or something).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Bill Long >-- StarGazer