Valving #6 draw on Meisterklasse

Valve the draw if you want to bend the 6 blow.  You'll only get a half
step bend but you'll get all of it.  The valved Suzukis are all valved
like this 1-6.  The valve goes on the fixed end of the reed on the inside
of the draw plate.  Duco cement works fine I'm sure there are other
products that would work also.  I did a similar thing to a key of C 365
Marine Band.  The number 7 hole has a B draw and a C blow.  They're only
a half step apart.  The draw note tends to choke very easily and you
can't bend it at all.  Valving the blow note fixes all that.  Now I get a
half step bend to Bb and better yet I can play the note hrder and not
have it choke.  It does tend to rattle the valve if played wrong and you
lose the overblow.  I think it's the overblow that starts the rattle.  FJM