Re: Clicking G harp.

>Take a cigarrette lighter, lit, and hold it about four to six inches from
>your mouth.  Blow the flame out.  Now try again but blow soft enough that
>the flame 'gutters' but doesn't go out.  That's about as much breath as you
>need most of the time playing harp.  OK, it's an exageration (you need a
>little more breath than this), but you get the idea.
>
>   -- hugh

Yes, there are times when you don't blow as hard as you can, but I
would say that I range in moving as much air as my lungs wil allow me to and
playing really light.  You aren't going to get the full, fat Big Walter sound by
holding back.  Then there's Cotton.  The man can lift a bowling ball with
his lips and didn't get that way by blowing light :-)!

The truth is that blowing too hard on a poorly adjusted reed can cause the
reed to stick.  Then it doesn't matter how hard you blow after that, 'cause
unitl you release, it's goint to stay stuck.  The key is breath control
at all times.

Bernie Clarke
"You been talkin 'bout your woman, I sure wish you could see mine."  - SBWII