Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

> Date sent:      Tue, 06 Sep 1994 09:08:40 -0700 (MST)
> From:           Barry Schaede <barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Send reply to:  Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:        Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE
> To:             Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The reason I play music is that I can't not.  It's not a choice for me.
> I'm compelled.  It's in my head.  I hear it constantly.  If I was the
> only person on the earth I'd play.  $$$$ has nothing to do with it.
> Being payed to play has its merits.  Your main focus in life can be
> playing.  I think that the vast majority of folks who play music do it
> because it fulfills a need.  US UK it's all the same.  We're getting
> dangerously close to flames here.  Any comments Mr. list admin?  Chris
> are you out there?  How far do we go with this?  Where's the line?  FJM

Well, sure.  I remember in the old days I used to play my classical
guitar in the West Village for meals when I was nearly homeless.
Everybody has to pay their dues.  I was desperate to play.  Still
am, although I have learned what it is about my music that people
respect most.  It isn't always the hard work.

I will not "flame" anyone out there, being only acquainted through
the electronic realm.  I don't need to resort to flames.

John