Re: Hohner quality control?

Where did you get a low low G SBS?  That's al;ways been one of my
complaints about the SBS G and the 365 they're tuned the smae as the
Marine Band on the bottom.  (yes I know the SBS is different but it
starts the same)  Steve Bakers tuning requires 13 holes so I don't think
there are any 12 hole SBS's made by Hohner.  There are bunches and
bunches of 13 hole ones though. The sillies can't seem to figure out how
to tune the top hole on the SBS's but sell them anyway. I had a SBS A
that was off by almost 3 semi-tones.  Those stupid little teeny tiny
Hohner reeds are virtually untuneable so you're stuck.  Somehow I don't
hold out much hope that loss of a $600 sale is going to bother anyone at
Hohner.  In talking to Richard Farrell the other day I discerened that
he's somewhat dismayed that Hohner won't make him any Eb 270's when they
still make the B tuning that Farrell sells one or two of every three
years or so.  This is a guy that buys a lot of harmonicas and they don't
care to try and please him.  The ostrich company.  FJM