Re: Hohner quality control?

At 20:20 9/4/94 -0700, Barry Schaede wrote:
>Virtually all of my myriad letters to Hohner USA have been ignored.  They
>just quietly fix what I send them and send me work orders with cryptic
>notations in response to my queries.  The only time I ever got a real
>reply was by writing to Steve Baker about problems I was having with the
>SBS top two note tunings.  He wrote right back and addressed all of my
>questions in a very direct and non-evasive manner.  FJM

But then, Steve Baker is a True Prince Amongst Men.  And as for the SBS -
more fun than a brace of live ferrets down yer underpants.  I have four in
my gig case, including a Low-Low G (like, an octave below the usual low G).
It's a killer!

BTW, is there such a thing as a 12 hole SBS?  I have a 12 hole BSBS
(Bootleg SBS) which I tuned myself, but I don't enjoy tuning enough to make
another one.

   -- hugh