Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

In my experience it's all amplified.  Even the folk venues I play with my
acoustic trio generally require amplification.  An awful lot of subtlety
gets lost this way.  I don't think I've ever had a memorable or moving
time at a blues jam. It's all a big competetive game.  This is why I
never go anymore.  When I do go I won't sit in.  I just go to see if
anything's changed.  It never has, same people playing the same 12 songs
the same way letting the same 5 friends get up and play.  Maybe my
experience is narrow.  Someone out there tell me about a good blues jam
experience.  I did goto a small coffee house in Phoenix once called
Fiddlers Dream.  They do truly let up any who wants to play.  The
audiences are rapt.  You get thrown out for talking.  The parking lot is
full of musiicians playing.  The place is a closet.  (small)  It's all
acoustic.   You'd never get within 3 blocks of the place with an amp.  FJM