Re: Hohner quality control?

At 11:58 9/4/94 -0000, Tim Moody wrote:
>What type diatonics?

Special 20's and Marine Bands.

>Are any of them the MS series?

Nope.  My two MS's have been running just fine for over two years.  I love
'em.  One day maybe I'll be able to afford some more!

>Also the content of your
>letter may be of some clue. If you state in your letter something like,"The
>last five Hohner diatonics that I have gotten had gone bad", you probably
>won't get a response. They seem to think no one knows how to tell if a harp
>is bad but them. If you give them a good technical description it seems to
>help. Something like, "The D on the four hole draw(C harp) has gone flat
>very quickly, compared to earlier purchases" might help. Just an example.

That's pretty much what I did.  I explained the exact problem, the age, the
retail outlet etc etc and that other harps I own do not exhibit these
problems.  A polite, one page, legible letter along with the two most
recent harps that died an early death.  All I got back was a computer
printout asking me for $25 to repair them.  At that point I gave up and
bought a bunch of Lee Oskars (which I don't like, but at least they last).

>Tim Moody
>
>PS Have you contacted Jack Korvokian(sp) himself?

I wrote but never sent a snotty letter.  I think I'll rewrite it and
actually post it this time.

   -- hugh