Harp as a rhythm instrument

Hi
This is about playing harp in the background as
a rhythm instrument/all through a song.
I think Sonny Terry epitomises this style of
playing rhythm on the harp - he plays right
through many songs, but this works since
Brownie is playing acoustic guitar , and besides
Sonny Terry plays un-amplified ( I guess the harp
is miked but he plays without a harp mike ).
I can't say I would like to hear an  amplified
harp all through a song - the point about harp timbre
is important - besides, the other half of music is knowing
when to not say anything.
.. for whatever this is worth...
Shankar.