Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

> > The point is our sessions here are *ONLY* informal, and as such are a
> > free-for-all fun thing, just for the joy of playing.
> > For many musicians, it is the only time they get to play with other
> > musicians at all.
> > I for one am a solo performer, so the above applies to me as well.
> >
> > However, in spite of that, I am left with the feeling that the USA could
> > well do with a few of our pub sessions over there.
> > Any takers out there?
> > Come on do it,start a new trend.

<From John:
The informal playing sessions are a great blessing for people who
don't need to make a living with their music.  Unfortunately,
the commercial element--pub/bar owners--know how many people out
there would like to play in any--ANY--venue and these business
owners get to provide free entertainment for the booze-buying public.
This happens while a lot of highly trained musicians are scurrying
for a dwindling number of paying jobs.  These open mic nights should
not undercut the opportunities for the pros.

The idea of the Salon should be adapted for the musicians who are not
skilled enough to draw a paycheck, who would like to play for
audiences and who would like to work out the manners and stage nerves
type of issues in a friendly ambience.  Wanna make music?  Invite
your friends over for sessions/jams at your house or back yard or
block party.