Re: Chord (another digression)

I knew one of the parts was bass but I think there's more than that going
on.  The chugging part almost has to be chord.  I bought a Vineta
thhinking that's what he was playing (chord and bass) wrong.  BTW I
bought the Murphy CD today from Farrel.  I did ask him why the demand for
Eb.  His thought was to play in Eb without the slide.  He says he sells
more Eb's than B's.  Hohner makes the B not the Eb.  Farrell makes the Eb
by taking a D bottom plate (Eb) and an E top plate (E) and combining them
in a new harmonica.  They then flip the slide over so it's upside down.
He said that the new Herring 48's were coming in next week and there
would be Eb's for half the price of the converted Hohners. (I know Jack
Ely already mentioned this)  When I mentioned my dislike of Herrings due
to the clicky valves he agreed with me and suggested replacing them with
Hohner valves.  Has anyone out there had any success getting valves from
Hohner?  I haven't had any luck.  I've always talked to June. Mr. Farrell
suggested trying Cissy or Rick Epping.  FJM