Re: Few songs...

Couldn't help but notice you were posting from UVA...AS a former resident (two
years ago) I might be able to turn you onto some local musicians who are
outstanding harmonica players. First of all, you must see Foulton Patrick play.
He has been playing harp for about 20 years and it shows - he has great tone!
He plays out under his own name alot at places like the Baja BEanery, Coupe De
Villes or the Greenskeeper - when playing these types of gigs he either playes
solo (guitar and harmonica in a rack) or plays with a guitar player (Sandy Grey
- also outstanding). The real treat, though, is to catch him playing blues with
a band. Check out the blues jams held at Random Row -  he hosts one Thursday
night a month there (his other band is the Stoned Wheat Things). I am a
traditionist and aviud fan of electric Chicago Blues Harmonica, so Foulton
PAtrick is the person to see in C'ville, but if your musical tastes are more
diverse you should check out Gary Green.  He is a school teacher by day but
plays harmonica in a band at night - used to be called the TREEFROGS but the
changed there name to ROMANO, _________, and GREEN (sorry forgot the third
persons name). HE also plays occasionally with a group called Mississippi Tom
and the Mudcats (more bluesy). Gary won an international harmonica contest
sponsored by Honer in either 1990 or 1991 - so you know he can play.

As for songs, I have a whole list but will save that for another message. Good
luck with the harp and I hope you get a chance to see these guys play.

Kurt Crandall