CTI'S Explanation of cap

CTI the company that makes both the BB and the JT-30 has this to say
about the cap.  It was on both the Blues Blaster and the JT-30VC for a
brief period of time.  The reason was that the potentiometers they were
using at that time were out of spec.  The cap was their fix.  Crystal
mikes are extremley sensitive to impedance loading.  With the cap they
got what they wanted.  the people at CTI thought I was some kind of
wacko.  I had to explain about the list and tell them there were a bunch
of engineers gone wild trying to come up with explanations for this
capacitor.  Apparently they believed my story and provided me with the
above explanation.  Now Bruce you can tell us all how the capacitor wired
across the one side of the potentiometer (Rick's drawing looked good to
me) solves the problem of the incorrect value.  I measured mine it is
less than 500k but not by a whole bunch.  This was the 2nd time I had
called CTI.  I'm going to have to disguise my voice if any more
cotroversies come up I think they're over us by now.  FJM