Re: Harps and Condoms

>>In my experience, little gadgets like a windscreen on the harp
>>mic is sort of like treating the symptom when you really have
>>some other problem.

Sounds right. My problem is mainly that we jam in a cellar with
bad accoustics. The little amp I use picks up reflected sound
and starts to feed back right away. The rest of the band sounds
very loud in the small room and the harp gets lost.

By the way, I have been using a neat little amp for a couple
of weeks. Its a SANO. It has a vibrato built in which sounds
very nice (if you don't over do it). It has a plug for guitar,
Accordian and instument. The Accordian plug is very good
for harp. It overdrives nicely and gets good volume, producing
a clear trumpet like sound on higher notes.
I bought it for $30 at a garage sale. The funny part is I know the
history of the amp. A friend bought it in high school (late 60's)
and it has passed through various guitar players in the Nyack
area for 25 years.

     Keith