Re: Thanks and Bending

Here are a few  techniques I used in getting my bends down.

First, learn to bend by lipping the harmonica, not tongue blocking.

Second, bending has little to do with how hard you draw.  Try slapping your
tongue against the hole as you play a straight draw note.  If you do this
right you will hear a pitch change for just an instant.  That's your bend.
 When you can do this consistently, starting slolwing down the tongue slap
and try to seperate the two pitches.

Third, when playing a straight draw note say the word "ta".  Now when going
for the bent note say the word "too".  Some people have more success using
"ka" and "koo".  This puts the bend more in your throat than on your tongue
(as with ta and too) and actually worked much better for me in the beginning.
 With practice you'll develop the ability to hit the bent note anytime you
want without bending the staight note down by just saying too or koo.   This
ta/too habit will also help you develop a nice clean, articulate style rather
than getting into the sloppy, slurry kind a playing your hear a lot of.

Good Luck.

Jim C.