Tuned metal bodies

I just got off the phone with Norman, checking up on the Ultimo status, and
he told me about a very interesting project he has going ...

Whilst dicking around with various metal bodied harps, Norman noticed that
the bodies are not 'tuned' in any way - they don't resonate.  So he started
experimenting building 'tuned' metal bodies, milled and assembled (by a
recluse, retired, millionaire, bizarre ex-engineer) on one of those 'super
flat' tables used for making large optical components.

Each body is tuned to the key of the plates that will be fitted to it.  I
haven't played one yet, but Norman tells me that the results are very, very
good.  He demonstrated by 'boinging' the bodies over the phone at me - a
standard Meisterklass body just goes 'plunk', one of his bodies goes
'tiinggggg'.

Right now he has custom metal bodies available for the Hohner modular
range, and is working on Ultimos, Meisterklasses and Special 20's.

   -- hugh