Shaker Mic Story (was: Amps and Mics)

jjp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in a message to All:

 jm> Shaker's warranty clearly states that it is good for 1 year,
 jm> and to the original owner only.  Being the second owner, and
 jm> the mic being over a year old (I think), I figured I was out
 jm> of luck.

John,

  About 1«.

 jm> I called Joe Harless (who *is* Shaker Mics) and
 jm> told him my problem.  He told me to send him the mic and
 jm> he'd check it out.  As it turns out, he sent me back a
 jm> *brand new* XLR Shaker mic and only charged me $20! They're
 jm> around $90 new from Kevin's.  I just got the mic in the mail
 jm> yesterday (it took a while for reasons I won't get into) and
 jm> haven't even played with it yet.
 jm>   I will say that Joe Harless and his wife Dawn are two
 jm> terrific people and were wonderful to deal with.

  Smokey Joe is a great guy to work with.  He helped me get the pinout
right when I first bought the XLR.  He stands behind his product and that
is rare these days.

  Glad you fixed up John!

          -Kevin