Bassman RI

Oh I forgot to add that I don't normally play through an Astatic type
crystal mic.  If Randy does that would account for almost all of the
difference he and experience with our tube choices.  I also use an Alesis
Midiverb effects processor upfront for delay.  This gives me control of
the input signal strength. (If any of you die hard purists out there wants
to buy me a vintage Fender reverb unit I'll be happy to listen to any
assaults you care to launch concerning digital effects) FJM