Re: My new amp!

Ah I just got the Jensen post mentioning the Gibsons.  We're going to
have to stop these semi-identical posts. (If I used emoticons or
shorthand i would insert an appropriate one at the end of the last sentence)
My guess is that if the speaker was a 1942 it wouldn't have been made
because of the war.  Gibson suspended production for quite some time due
to the difficulty of obtaining materials.  They made some war related
items for the duration.  Also wouldn't it have been a field coil type
speaker in 1942?  Ah, now I've done reasearch.  Gibson was barred from
making anything that contained more than 10% metal during the war.  Their
30's amps were called EH for electric Hawaiian guitar.  their 2nd series
of the late 30's was designated ES for electric Spanish.  These early
Gibson amps were made for Gibson by Lyon-Heally.  The post war Gibsons
were designated BR fopr Barnes-Reincke the designers of the amps.  1950
is when Gibson first came out with the GA series amplifiers.  Therefore
your Jensen must be a 1952 if it is original which I assume it is.  FJM

Originally this was to be a private post but I thought others might be
mildly amused by the Gibson lore so I posted to the list. FJM