Moody's speaker question; amp size

Alinco = aluminum-nickel-cobalt alloy and is used in many guitar pick-ups
(transducers also).  Don't know how that translates to amplitude/freq.
response, or how the physical properties are translate between speakers and
pick-ups.  Çeramic can be a generic name for a family of materials of which
some ferromagnet alloys are a subset.  I know this doesn't help much.

The local guitar store has all the tweed blues re-issue amps on sale ($500
or so), so I may be asking more (and as I read up more on all the old
rigs).  Are there any guidelines on how much power a harper should go for
to use in smaller venues eg. from church/school to bar-band set-ups (eg.
30W-60W)?  Do most of you switch between two or more rigs?  Do you assume
that you are (or are not?) miked to the PA, or that there even is a PA
:):)??  I seem to recall some of the guitar types having the micro tube
rack stuff (easier to lug??), but most of you pros pack vintage gear, which
I assume is in the $700-$2500 price range (the vibro re-issues are ;).  Is
the main issue for not using the rack stuff the response of the solid state
vs. vintage tube rectifiers?  FAQ material = (best harp amps?). CU.