Re: My new amp!

Tim Moody writes...

> PS Did I mention I picked up an old SilverTone Twin Twelve? I know, I know,
> Gosh doesn't Tim Moody ever by anything without two twelves in it? I'd love
> to, but I keep getting these deals. As for tone, this baby stomps my mod'ed
> up blackface Fender Twin right into the ground. Anyone know a guitar player
> that want to buy a Twin?

Twin 12's are cool! I like the way the little head fits into the cabinet.
Of course, now, if you want to try out 10" speakers, all you have to do
is find a 2X10 cabinet - fairly common - and make sure it's four ohms.

That twin 12 has only about 35 watts, I believe, which is one reason why
it sounds better for harp than a Fender Twin - it overdrives much more
easily. Did you know that Hound Dog Taylor, the famous slide guitar
player, used one of these for years? Silvertone also made a 6X10" cabinet
version of this amp...what a harp monster that would be.