overblowing

So I have been playing for a while and just bending away, and now I find all
this overblowing stuff going on.

So I tried it out and can now play  4 5 and 6 overblows clearly, but it comes
real slow on 4 and 5 with a rattle transition between clear notes.   On hole 6
I am able to overcome the rattle (I can jump smoothly from blow 6 to clear note
overblow 6 with no rattle or squeeks or hiss) but getting there is still slow -
or the time from deciding to do it and it actually coming is slow.  No matter
what I do 4 and 5 just keep howling before the overblow comes.  The Higher
notes just sqeek when i try them and the lower notes don't do anything.  Is
this just a matter of practice?

Also, I am interested i what new tricks overblowing will give you, and how
people are using them musically.

Anyway, thanks for any input.

Tim Wong.
--
Tim Wong -- Tim_Wong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\1584.MSG
### Org Date:    10-11-94 12:03:16 PM
### From:        Tim Wong@SEAGATE
### To:          Harp-L @ WKUVX1.WKU.EDU @ INTERNET
### Subject:     overblowing