jt30/bb

The folks at CTI say that Hohner specs 2 caps across the element on their
version of the jt30.  The person I spoke with thinks that this might
account for some of the frquency response difference.  She said there
were two caps.  I can only verify one on my mic.  The weight difference
is baffling to her.  What we need is a person that owns both a jt30 and a
bb and a scope and a good accurate scale.  The person I spoke with
laughred when I told her about all the physical failings of the Hohner
version that were attributed to Hohner quality control.  The jt30 version
uses all the same connectors and now uses the same pot.  Earlier versions
used a slightly different value with the same vendor for the part.
Astatic the myth lives on.  FJM