Pourtnoy's warble

Hi guys,
another question from me again...
can someone describe to me how Jerry Portnoy (sp?) did those
wahwah and warble effects on his playing in Eric Clapton's
FTC album? I just bought the album and spent the whole day
listening to it...chugging my walkman to the library and
everywhere. still not bored of it. EC's blues is intoxicating!
i heard that there were some discussions about this album in Blues-l
but i guess i found out too late and missed it. i followed Harvey
and Tim Wong's recommendation and bought it...no regrets!
(thanks!)

regarding air leakage in playing the harp...what do the other pros
have to say? more practice, no short cuts?

-cheng ann