RE: harp-l gifs

"Steven D. Levine" <drsoul@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Is there a way to get the harp-l gifs via ftp? I can't seem to download
>them properly using gopher.

As of right now, no.  The Gopher stuff is not on any FTP site right
now and I don't know if we'll ever get any of it on one.

I'm not sure how you are trying to save the images, but this is how I
have done it:

	In gopher looking at the menu that has the GIFs in it;
	Move the arrow to the line with the GIF I want to save;
	Hit 's', to save the GIF to a file;
	File in whatever filename I want to give it in the prompt box;
	Hit return.

And that HAS worked...for me.  Gopher is still not very good in
dealing with any Picture files...some clients work better with them
than others.

Other than that, for right now, the only way is via email (and that's
sort of an ugly business too).

Hope this helps!

Chris