Shaker Mics etc. (T.R.)

Well I take it there is a Tim on the List. My name is Tom but every one
calls me T.R. for short.  I have a Princeton amp that I mic thru a PA or
sometimes to a Fender Bassman amp head that drives an old Peavy
4-12 cabinet. I run into a DSP-5 proscessor then into the Princeton to
obtain the reverb effect also chorus. This cuts down on the signal but
I am working on installing a 4 spring reverb pan I robbed out of an old
Peavey PA. I do mean old. I am fortunate that our drummer is pretty well
versed in these things since he works on different types of electronic
equipment for a living. We have run into some prblms with the conversion
but it is something to tinker with until I become a rich man, and can afford
all the nice toys. RIGHT ( Better keep my day job )  My Shaker mic is a
crystal w/vc and has a 1/4 inch. I also have a Astatic JT 30 wo/vc wish
it did though, and a condenser mic from Leon's Mic Works that is suitable
for me in some situations. I have been playing harp and guitar for about
25 yrs.never was very good in my opinion. At one time sold everything
and said thats it. After moving to St. Louis I got bored and started playing
harp again, trying to get serious about the last 4 yrs. I have no formal
training in music just play by ear. The 3rd & 4th position thing sounds good,
who knows might be playing at times and not know it. Sorry to be so long
winded but thought I would give a little background etc.

                                                          Tom Robbins