Re: Harmonigopher FAQ

    Gordon wrote...

    >May God love you and keep you forever, the wind be at your back, and
    >the road come up to meet you.

    I learned this saying from Pete Pedersen and I'm sure it goes like this...

    May God love you and keep you forever, may the road come up to meet
    you, and may the wind at your back never be your own.  ;-)
                   (Oh well, what do you expect from a Viking)

    :-[  What's the face for get serious?

    Re: FAQ - I think this is a good idea and am willing to try to contribute
    something. Chris P., are you there? I think Chris would have to screen it
    and load it on the Harmonigopher. The key word search he came up with
    should be useful for this too. Do we need some rules of composition so
    Chris doesn't have to re-format everything we submit? I have several
    different harmonica layouts in ASCII which may come under a sub heading of
    HARMONICA TYPES (I've been working on this piecemeal and it's already
    about 5 printed pages long - I hesitate to post it here - in fact my
    intent was to submit it for the Harmonigopher). They include some
    narrative. Probably more than one wants to know when they first ask "What
    are the different types". A while back Winslow posted some *good*
    narrative on harmonica types on HARP-L.

    Perhaps selecting HARMONICA TYPES from the main menu could open up a
    sub-menu such as....

    HARMONICA TYPES
      1. The 4 (?) major types of harmonica
      2. A brief history of the harmonica
      3. Development of the major types... (might come under #2 above)
      4. Detailed descriptions of various harmonicas
      5. ASCII layouts of ....(maybe include with #3 above)

    Not a whole lot of thought went into the contents of this menu but I think
    you get the idea.

    To Michael Carley,

    Re: Irish Harmonica News. Ditto from me - I'd like to read it here.

         Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --New Addr--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx