HARP-L LOGO

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree, there's no point in ripping off someone else's logo
however cool it might be. The whole point of a logo for harp-L is
to create a unique identification.

Simple line art is best - reproduces well and easily in almost
any medium. We're not talking four-color glossy here, at least
not for awhile (if ever) and not very often.

How about a harmonica, with something like a lightning bolt or
spark running along the top coverplate, or maybe an antenna
radiating energy waves (little harmonicas?)

The harmonica-with-flash could be moving forward from a
background along its length, and be tilted downwards. For
instance, the right end of the harmonica could be in the
background to the upper right, with the left end in the
foreground to the lower left. This sort of perspective, with the
energy bolt surging forward and possibly exceeding its coverplate
border a little, could create a very dynamic effect.

Maybe something like this has been done. A harmonica radiating
energy bolts or waves is also good, but it definitely HAS been
done (and done well and simply), on the liner to Hendrik
Meurkens' Clear of Clouds.

Winslow Yerxa                    HIP - the
Harmonica Information Press             Harmonica
76450.3230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       Information Publication