Re: What To Buy?

| From: William Maitland <willmait@xxxxxxxxxx>

8<

| I've read as many messages as I could about the pros and cons of different
| harps, but I still don't feel like I can walk into the store and say
| "Yep, I want that one right there."  Will it be a "Blues Harp", a
| "Marine Band" or a "Pro Harp" with a plastic comb.  I visually compared a
| Marine Band and Blues Harp the other day and quite honestly the Blues
| Harp seemed to have better construction. I didn't stay and test them
| because my 2 year old daughter wasn't as excited about things as I was.
| Go figure.

You might want to consider investing in a variety of different harps to find
out which ones suit you best.  I tried to take the short cut by asking other
people but there are great professionals using Lee Oskar, Marine Band,
Special 20, Golden Melody and even Huang Star Performer diatonics.  Take your
pick or try them all.

+Richard Owen