re: Gary Primich, David Harp, Dylan

>Harvey mentions a cassette on Crossharp called Westward Vision.
>This is not by Gary Primich, but by Jon Gindick. I reviewed it
>a couple of issues ago.

Thanks Winslow.  I was definitely confused on this.  Bad habit I have :|
Humble apologies once again :)

Didn't mean to come down quite so hard on the Bluestime vocals.  My
expectations were probably too high for the veterans of Top 40 (whatever
happened to that Peter Wolf guy anyway?). Those PB/MD harps sound
interesting -- sounds like a good article for a harmonica magazine..... ;)
;) (esp. if it's patented) ?? :) :)

But better'n Dylan ;);) ?  Depends what you're trying to do and what you
like to listen to -- Dylan's a vocalizer, not a really a singer; the same
with his harmonica playing -- it usually adds to his songs/vocalizations,
but you have to shift your mind from expecting Jimmy Reed to something
else, usually much simpler. And there's been a lot of other stuff going on
besides harp with all the side men, etc.  I always thought the simple harp
was to offset the not-so-simple lyrics.  Another taste thing, but I'll have
to dust off some of my old LPs and re-listen for the 'melodic parts' I
missed before :)

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*